uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: uimaFIT: external resource bindings?
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 20:00:35 GMT
It largely depends on how you use the ConceptMapper. External resources require three things
to work:

1) an external resource description
2) a declaration on the analysis engine that it accepts an external resource (a dependency)
3) a binding binding between the two

Since the ConceptMapper is not an uimaFIT component, i.e. it is not using the @ExternalResource
annotation, uimaFIT cannot create 1 automatically. So you can create it manually using createDependencyAndBind(),
which performs steps 2 (using the createDependency() call) and 3 (using a bindResource() call).
Of course, you can also manually call createDependency() and bindResource() separately - which
I think you were asking for.

If just pass the external resource description to the createEngineDescription() call, it only
does 3, but not 2 - this approach only works if the AE you create the descriptor for uses
the @ExternalResource annotation to declare external resources.

-- Richard

On 24.10.2013, at 17:56, Jens Grivolla <j+asf@grivolla.net> wrote:

> Ok, I guess I don't actually need to do that, ConceptMapper only looks for the "key"
and doesn't seem to know about the indirect binding, right?

> And in uimaFIT if I want to bind the same resource to several AEs I use createExternalResourceDescription()
and then just pass it like any other parameter to createEngineDescription()?