uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: uimafit maven plugin: type system imports?
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 11:36:07 GMT
It is a known "gap". I deliberately left this out of the current version because the auto-detect
mechanism (types.txt) may detect much more than the component needs. Input/output capabilities
are also not a reliable source of information, in particular for components in which types
are configured via parameters.

I don't think it would be difficult to add. Please open a feature request if you need this,
along with a motivation. If you can spare the time, patches are surely welcome. It would probably
be good to have this enabled by default, but allow to disable it.

Cheers,

-- Richard

On 04.10.2013, at 12:41, Jens Grivolla <j+asf@grivolla.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried using the uimafit maven plugin, in particular the "generate" goal (trying to
make it play nice with the pear packaging plugin). However, the generated descriptor does
not include the type system imports, even though they are specified through types.txt.