uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse m2e complains about unmapped maven plugins
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 20:02:55 GMT
Sorry to note, that the shortened profile works only if the parent-pom version 7 is used.
Otherwise the full profile as mentioned by Marshall is required.

-- Richard

regex annotator using the maven import of this svn url:   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/addons/tags/uima-addons-2.3.1/RegularExpressionAnnotator

>>> During import there was a problem with the maven import of the regex annotator,
there was an error with the "uima-build-helper-maven-plugin".   I searched the web for the
error and found this Jira for exactly the problem I'm having.
>>> "Eclipse m2e complains about unmapped maven plugins"
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2560
>>>
>>> ---------------description from jira---------------------------------------
>>> Recent versions of Eclipse m2e complain about Maven plugins in the UIMA master
pom not being covered by m2e lifecycle plugins:
>>> uima-build-helper-maven-pluginmaven-dependency-pluginAdd m2e metadata to the
master POM to handle these.
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> I'm relatively new to UIMA, started working with it a few works ago.   I had
no problem installing the UIMA Framework and running through the examples in the tutorial
(just couldn't do the semantic search since it's been removed).  By the way, the documentation
provided for UIMA is great along with the getting started section.

>>> This is the first addon that I've tried to work with and so far I've devoted
a few days already trying to get the regex addon to work, I really would love to see how it
works.  Can someone who has been able to get it to work provide some guidance?   I see that
the jira was opened in Jan 2013 and resolved this past April so I don't understand why I'm
still getting the problem that was supposedly resolved.  I'm using  Juno (eclipse IDE for
java developers) with service release 2 if that helps any.

>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Paula