uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse m2e complains about unmapped maven plugins
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 19:40:21 GMT
This issue is noted in the Jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-3391

There's a work-around you can try:

Add the following to your local checkout of the
RegularExpressionAnnotator/pom.xml file at the bottom of the file, just before
the closing </project> element:

     <profiles>
         <profile>
      <id>m2e</id>
      <activation>
        <property>
          <name>m2e.version</name>
        </property>
      </activation>
      <build>
        <pluginManagement>
          <plugins>

            <!--This plugin's configuration is used to store Eclipse m2e settings
                only. It has no influence on the Maven build itself. -->
            <plugin>
              <groupId>org.eclipse.m2e</groupId>
              <artifactId>lifecycle-mapping</artifactId>
              <version>1.0.0</version>
              <configuration>
                <lifecycleMappingMetadata>
                  <pluginExecutions>

                    <!-- ***************************** -->
                    <!-- IGNORE remote resources       -->
                    <!-- ***************************** -->
                    <pluginExecution>
                      <pluginExecutionFilter>
                        <artifactId>
                          maven-remote-resources-plugin
                        </artifactId>
                        <versionRange>[1,)</versionRange>
                        <goals>
                          <goal>process</goal>
                          <goal>bundle</goal>
                        </goals>
                      </pluginExecutionFilter>
                      <action>
                        <ignore />
                      </action>
                    </pluginExecution>

                    <!-- ***************************** -->
                    <!-- EXECUTE parse-date-time       -->
                    <!-- ***************************** -->
                    <pluginExecution>
                      <pluginExecutionFilter>
                        <groupId>org.apache.uima</groupId>
                        <artifactId>
                          uima-build-helper-maven-plugin
                        </artifactId>
                        <versionRange>[2,)</versionRange>
                        <goals>
                          <goal>parse-date-time</goal>
                        </goals>
                      </pluginExecutionFilter>
                      <action>
                        <execute />
                      </action>
                    </pluginExecution>

                    <!-- ******************************* -->
                    <!-- IGNORE dependency copy / unpack -->
                    <!-- ******************************* -->
                    <pluginExecution>
                      <pluginExecutionFilter>
                        <versionRange>[2,)</versionRange>
                        <goals>
                          <goal>unpack</goal>
                          <goal>copy-dependencies</goal>
                          <goal>unpack-dependencies</goal>
                          <goal>copy</goal>
                        </goals>
                      </pluginExecutionFilter>
                      <action>
                        <ignore />
                      </action>
                    </pluginExecution>

                    <!-- *********************************************** -->
                    <!-- IGNORE enforcer - to avoid warning message      -->
                    <!-- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-3053 -->
                    <!-- *********************************************** -->
                    <pluginExecution>
                      <pluginExecutionFilter>
                        <artifactId>maven-enforcer-plugin</artifactId>
                        <versionRange>[1,)</versionRange>
                        <goals>
                          <goal>enforce</goal>
                        </goals>
                      </pluginExecutionFilter>
                      <action>
                        <ignore />
                      </action>
                    </pluginExecution>

                    <!-- ******************************* -->
                    <!-- IGNORE clearing old Manifest.MF -->
                    <!-- at top level, needed by         -->
                    <!-- maven bundle plugin             -->
                    <!-- ******************************* -->
                    <pluginExecution>
                      <pluginExecutionFilter>
                        <versionRange>[1.6,)</versionRange>
                        <goals>
                          <goal>run</goal>
                        </goals>
                      </pluginExecutionFilter>
                      <action>
                        <ignore />
                      </action>
                    </pluginExecution>

                    <!-- *********************************************** -->
                    <!-- EXECUTE most javacc goals                       -->
                    <!-- *********************************************** -->
                    <pluginExecution>
                      <pluginExecutionFilter>
                        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                        <artifactId>javacc-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                        <versionRange>[2,)</versionRange>
                        <goals>
                          <goal>javacc</goal>
                          <goal>jjtree-javacc</goal>
                          <goal>jjtree</goal>
                        </goals>
                      </pluginExecutionFilter>
                      <action>
                        <execute />
                      </action>
                    </pluginExecution>

                    <pluginExecution>
                      <pluginExecutionFilter>
                        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                        <artifactId>javacc-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                        <versionRange>[2,)</versionRange>
                        <goals>
                          <goal>jjdoc</goal>
                        </goals>
                      </pluginExecutionFilter>
                      <action>
                        <ignore />
                      </action>
                    </pluginExecution>

                    <!-- ***************************** -->
                    <!-- IGNORE bundle manifest        -->
                    <!-- ***************************** -->
                    <pluginExecution>
                      <pluginExecutionFilter>
                        <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
                        <artifactId>
                          maven-bundle-plugin
                        </artifactId>
                        <versionRange>[1,)</versionRange>
                        <goals>
                          <goal>manifest</goal>
                        </goals>
                      </pluginExecutionFilter>
                      <action>
                        <ignore />
                      </action>
                    </pluginExecution>

                  </pluginExecutions>
                </lifecycleMappingMetadata>
              </configuration>
            </plugin>
          </plugins>
        </pluginManagement>
      </build>
    </profile>
  </profiles>

This is a copy, mostly, of what is in the uima-wide parent pom for configuring
m2e.  The additions are for the Jira issue above.

This stuff just tells Eclipse not to "build" this project beyond the basic Java
compiling of the sources.

It should build OK outside of Eclipse, if you need to do that.

-Marshall

using the maven import of this svn url:   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/addons/tags/uima-addons-2.3.1/RegularExpressionAnnotator

> During import there was a problem with the maven import of the regex annotator, there
was an error with the "uima-build-helper-maven-plugin".   I searched the web for the error
and found this Jira for exactly the problem I'm having.
> "Eclipse m2e complains about unmapped maven plugins"
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2560
>
> ---------------description from jira---------------------------------------
> Recent versions of Eclipse m2e complain about Maven plugins in the UIMA master pom not
being covered by m2e lifecycle plugins:
> uima-build-helper-maven-pluginmaven-dependency-pluginAdd m2e metadata to the master POM
to handle these.

> I'm relatively new to UIMA, started working with it a few works ago.   I had no problem
installing the UIMA Framework and running through the examples in the tutorial (just couldn't
do the semantic search since it's been removed).  By the way, the documentation provided for
UIMA is great along with the getting started section.

> This is the first addon that I've tried to work with and so far I've devoted a few days
already trying to get the regex addon to work, I really would love to see how it works.  Can
someone who has been able to get it to work provide some guidance?   I see that the jira was
opened in Jan 2013 and resolved this past April so I don't understand why I'm still getting
the problem that was supposedly resolved.  I'm using  Juno (eclipse IDE for java developers)
with service release 2 if that helps any.