uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: HashMap as type feature
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:35:29 GMT
The CAS doesn't natively support hash maps.  One possible motivation is that the
design was aimed at allowing multiple independent systems to process the CAS
data, including Annotators written in C++.  To support this, it would be
necessary to implement a common hash map in multiple languages (Java, C++,
Python, Perl, etc.),  which wasn't done.

Richard's suggestion is a possibility, though.  The other thing that people
sometimes do is to store map data in external resources, which can be shared
among co-located Annotators (running in the same JVM).

-Marshall