uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse m2e complains about unmapped maven plugins
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 19:41:03 GMT
I'd suggest you don't try to build the annotator yourself in Eclipse, but rather you should
add a dependency on it to your Maven POM. If you do not use Maven, you could still consider
building the annotator manually on the command line and then add the resulting JAR to your
project.

We are aware that the add-ons are lagging behind a bit.

-- Richard

using the maven import of this svn url:   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/addons/tags/uima-addons-2.3.1/RegularExpressionAnnotator

> During import there was a problem with the maven import of the regex annotator, there
was an error with the "uima-build-helper-maven-plugin".   I searched the web for the error
and found this Jira for exactly the problem I'm having.
> "Eclipse m2e complains about unmapped maven plugins"
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2560
>
> ---------------description from jira---------------------------------------
> Recent versions of Eclipse m2e complain about Maven plugins in the UIMA master pom not
being covered by m2e lifecycle plugins:
> uima-build-helper-maven-pluginmaven-dependency-pluginAdd m2e metadata to the master POM
to handle these.

> I'm relatively new to UIMA, started working with it a few works ago.   I had no problem
installing the UIMA Framework and running through the examples in the tutorial (just couldn't
do the semantic search since it's been removed).  By the way, the documentation provided for
UIMA is great along with the getting started section.

> This is the first addon that I've tried to work with and so far I've devoted a few days
already trying to get the regex addon to work, I really would love to see how it works.  Can
someone who has been able to get it to work provide some guidance?   I see that the jira was
opened in Jan 2013 and resolved this past April so I don't understand why I'm still getting
the problem that was supposedly resolved.  I'm using  Juno (eclipse IDE for java developers)
with service release 2 if that helps any.