uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse m2e complains about unmapped maven plugins
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 19:55:55 GMT
I pasted below a shortened variant of that profile that appears to work as well.
To test it, I plugged that into the uima-addons-parent pom.xml.

However, you may run into UIMA-3398 then [1]

-- Richard

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-3398

On 31.10.2013, at 20:40, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:

> This issue is noted in the Jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-3391
>
> There's a work-around you can try:
>
> Add the following to your local checkout of the
> RegularExpressionAnnotator/pom.xml file at the bottom of the file, just before
> the closing </project> element:

    <profile>
     <id>m2e</id>
     <activation>
       <property>
         <name>m2e.version</name>
       </property>
     </activation>
     <build>
       <pluginManagement>
         <plugins>

           <!--This plugin's configuration is used to store Eclipse m2e settings
               only. It has no influence on the Maven build itself. -->
           <plugin>
             <groupId>org.eclipse.m2e</groupId>
             <artifactId>lifecycle-mapping</artifactId>
             <version>1.0.0</version>
             <configuration>
               <lifecycleMappingMetadata>
                 <pluginExecutions>

                   <!-- ******************************* -->
                   <!-- IGNORE dependency copy / unpack -->
                   <!-- ******************************* -->
                   <pluginExecution>
                     <pluginExecutionFilter>
                       <versionRange>[2,)</versionRange>
                       <goals>
                         <goal>unpack</goal>
                         <goal>copy-dependencies</goal>
                         <goal>unpack-dependencies</goal>
                         <goal>copy</goal>
                       </goals>
                     </pluginExecutionFilter>
                     <action>
                       <ignore />
                     </action>
                   </pluginExecution>

                 </pluginExecutions>
               </lifecycleMappingMetadata>
             </configuration>
           </plugin>
         </plugins>
       </pluginManagement>
     </build>
   </profile>

annotator using the maven import of this svn url:   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/addons/tags/uima-addons-2.3.1/RegularExpressionAnnotator

>> During import there was a problem with the maven import of the regex annotator, there
was an error with the "uima-build-helper-maven-plugin".   I searched the web for the error
and found this Jira for exactly the problem I'm having.
>> "Eclipse m2e complains about unmapped maven plugins"
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2560
>>
>> ---------------description from jira---------------------------------------
>> Recent versions of Eclipse m2e complain about Maven plugins in the UIMA master pom
not being covered by m2e lifecycle plugins:
>> uima-build-helper-maven-pluginmaven-dependency-pluginAdd m2e metadata to the master
POM to handle these.
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> I'm relatively new to UIMA, started working with it a few works ago.   I had no problem
installing the UIMA Framework and running through the examples in the tutorial (just couldn't
do the semantic search since it's been removed).  By the way, the documentation provided for
UIMA is great along with the getting started section.

>> This is the first addon that I've tried to work with and so far I've devoted a few
days already trying to get the regex addon to work, I really would love to see how it works.
 Can someone who has been able to get it to work provide some guidance?   I see that the jira
was opened in Jan 2013 and resolved this past April so I don't understand why I'm still getting
the problem that was supposedly resolved.  I'm using  Juno (eclipse IDE for java developers)
with service release 2 if that helps any.