uima-user mailing list archives

From Mathaeus Dejori <dej...@gmail.com>
Subject Processing a List of Strings with UIMA Addons components
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 22:10:06 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to use UIMA AS to annotate a large list of text segments. Instead
of passing each text segment individually to the AnalysisEngine I'd like to
pass the entire list at once.

As far as I understand I can use the cas.setSofaDataArray() to pass a list
of Strings and get back Annotations that refer to particular segments.
However, in doing so I won't be able to use any of the existing Annotators
(e.g. Concept Mapper) as their process(cas, spec) function expects the
cas.getDocumentText().

Is there a design pattern for uima to consume a list of strings, pass
individual elements to specific Annotators and combine all the results at
the end?

Thanks, Mathaeus