uima-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Hernandez <nicolas.hernan...@gmail.com>
Subject DocumentAnalyzer: Straight access to the Analysis Engine descriptors available in the classpath
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 13:10:02 GMT
Dear All,

I often use the DocumentAnalyzer present in the uima-tools. But its
interface is not so user-friendly, I spend too much times to browse
the file system to find the desired Analysis Engine descriptors.

Assuming that the code of the Analysis Engine to run is in the
classpath, I have modified the code so that the interface shows a list
of the AE descriptors available in the current classpath.
The user does not browse the file system anymore. He selects the
descriptor he wants among the presented list.
This prevents from attempting to run descriptors whose binary code is
not present in the classpath.
The Jar files are also explored.

I would like to offer this code to the community. If you agree, I will
open a jira for that.

/Nicolas