uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging uima in Tomcat application
Date Sat, 17 Aug 2013 15:18:53 GMT
Hi,

the logging mechanism and its configuration is described here [1]. UIMA
uses the Java Util logging API [2] by default.

As documented in [1], you can change the logging mechanism used
by UIMA by specifying an alternative backend implementation, e.g.:

-Dorg.apache.uima.logger.class=org.apache.uima.util.impl.Log4jLogger_impl

Alternatively, you could install a  custom JUL handler and redirect the
logging output to whatever you are using. This is what e.g. the
jul-to-slf4j brigde [3] does.

Cheers,

[1] http://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-2.4.2/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.aae.logging
[2] http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/logging/package-summary.html