uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Increase heap size using UIMA with Solr
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 21:23:06 GMT
This may be a better question for the Solr list.  These issues seem to come from
the particular integration of UIMA into SOLR, where it seems to be repeatedly
instantiating new UIMA pipelines, over and over.

In most application scenarios, it is intended that a UIMA pipeline be
instantiated once, and then reused.

-Marshall

On 8/26/2013 4:20 AM, Jun Ohtani wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> My co-worker use UIMA with Solr.
> We have two problems increasing heap size and cpu usage.
>
> We have two question.
>
> 1. o.a.u.jcas.impl.JCasImpl.loadJCasClasses() call every requests.
>   Using UIMA with Solr, we send to request using UIMAUpdateRequestProcessor , Solr(Lucene)
create AnalysisEngine instance every requests.