uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: strange problem with uima fit
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 12:06:44 GMT
uimaFIT automatically activates the legacy module when it is on the classpath. According to
your stack trace, uimaFIT detected the module and accessed it (stack frames starting with
org.apache.uima.fit.legacy…).

Remove the JAR with the name uimafit-legacy-support-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar from your classpath.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Am 19.08.2013 um 13:59 schrieb Georg Fette <georg.fette@uni-wuerzburg.de>:

> Hi Richard,
> No, I am not using Maven and I do not have uimaFIT 1.4. on my classpath.
> How do I remove the legacy module ? Is it a project configuration issue or do I have
to set some variables during runtime ? As far as I know I should only have uimaFit-core in
my plugins (as I am using Ruta2.0.2Snapshot which does only use uimaFit-core). Could you give
me a hint how to check if I have the legacy module active ?
> Greetings
> Georg
>
> Am 19.08.2013 11:25, schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
>> Hi Georg,
>>
>> looks like you are using uimaFIT 2.0.x with the legacy module but you do not have
uimaFIT 1.4.x on the classpath. You should either remove the legacy module or add uimaFIT
1.4.x.

>> Are you using Maven?
>>
>> -- Richard
>>
>> Am 19.08.2013 um 11:08 schrieb Georg Fette <georg.fette@uni-wuerzburg.de>:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I am having a strange error while creating an AnalysisEngineDescription:
>>>
>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/uimafit/descriptor/OperationalProperties
>>>    at org.apache.uima.fit.legacy.converter.OperationalPropertiesConverter.getLegacyType(OperationalPropertiesConverter.java:38)
>>>    at org.apache.uima.fit.legacy.LegacySupportPluginImpl.getLegacyType(LegacySupportPluginImpl.java:128)
>>>    at org.apache.uima.fit.legacy.LegacySupportPluginImpl.isAnnotationPresent(LegacySupportPluginImpl.java:71)
>>>    at org.apache.uima.fit.internal.ReflectionUtil.isAnnotationPresent(ReflectionUtil.java:152)
>>>    at org.apache.uima.fit.internal.ReflectionUtil.getInheritableAnnotation(ReflectionUtil.java:114)
>>>    at org.apache.uima.fit.factory.AnalysisEngineFactory.createEngineDescription(AnalysisEngineFactory.java:1264)
>>>    at org.apache.uima.fit.factory.AnalysisEngineFactory.createEngineDescription(AnalysisEngineFactory.java:1105)
>>>    at de.uniwue.uima.colStore_dbImpl.collections.filesystem.FileSystemSink.createWriterDescription(FileSystemSink.java:76)
>>>    at de.uniwue.dw2.infoextr.manager.RutaScriptManager.executeRutaScripts(RutaScriptManager.java:515)
>>>    at de.uniwue.dw2.infoextr.views.TermView$16.run(TermView.java:395)
>>>    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.uimafit.descriptor.OperationalProperties
>>>    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:513)
>>>    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:429)
>>>    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:417)
>>>    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
>>>    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>>>    ... 11 more
>>>
>>> I do not yet know exactly if I should search for the error in my code or if I
should reconfigure the libraries I am using (perhaps version conflicts ?).
>>> What puzzles me most is that most of the callstack tells me something of the
namespace "org.apache.uima.fit" and suddenly a class from the namespace "org.uimafit" is missing.
Could someone give me a hint on this one ?
>>> Greetings