uima-user mailing list archives

From Burn Lewis <burnle...@gmail.com>
Subject Some UIMA configuration parameters are not validated
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 21:32:07 GMT
Code added in 2.4.1 to log configuration parameter values and their origins
has exposed an old bug whereby group parameter settings are not checked if
any non-group parameters have settings.  At least one existing application
has invalid group parameter settings that were not detected prior to 2.4.1
and is now failing, so we need a way to support such applications until
their invalid settings can be corrected.  (see Jira UIMA-3123)

Some choices are:
1) Continue omitting the check in 2.4.1 and merely log the error
2) Only omit the check if a special environmental variable is set, e.g.
UIMA240Compatible=true

I prefer #2 as I suspect the problem is rare (only for descriptors with
settings for both group & non-group parameters with errors in the group
values)

~Burn