uima-user mailing list archives

From Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>
Subject Re: Does the UIMA pipeline support analysis components written as mahout map-reduce jobs
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:31:23 GMT
What do you want to do? Map-reduce is batch processing, whereas a UIMA
AE works online, so this doesn't really fit.

In Mahout map-reduce is usually used for training, not e.g. for applying
a trained classifier. So you would train whichever way you want (e.g.
using map-reduce, etc.), but your UIMA AE would actually be a wrapper
for an online classifier, not a map-reduce task.

Best,
Jens