uima-user mailing list archives

From "Helen Johnson -X (heljohns - Infobahn Softworld Inc at Cisco)" <heljo...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: problem retrieving the annotations of a specific sofa view over a REST service
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 22:58:55 GMT
Larry,

Thanks for the response, I'm still a little confused ...

>> "I do a JCas.reset at the end of the webservice method"
Just to be clear, you are talking about this on the client-side code, right? And the PEAR
is the server-side?
I do this too: first the server  does a cas.reset(), then the server sets data into the cas
by cas.setDocumentText(), then the server requests the AE (actually an AAE) that it unpacked
from the PEAR to process the data in the cas by ae.process(cas).

>> "So before I do that I copy the annotations into some serializable POJOs of my own"
Again, you are talking client-side code?
If so, how do you get a sofa-view of the CAS that is not the default "_InitialView"?
This is where I am having trouble.

Except that you say,
>>"Those are what I return to the client"
So it sounds like the serializable POJO creation might be server-side code that resides inside
the UIMA-PEAR?
Is this a CASConsumer or something that creates these POJOs?
How do you connect the POJOs back to the client side?

Cheers,
Helen