uima-user mailing list archives

From "Helen Johnson -X (heljohns - Infobahn Softworld Inc at Cisco)" <heljo...@cisco.com>
Subject problem retrieving the annotations of a specific sofa view over a REST service
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 20:51:59 GMT
I have a UIMA pipeline that consists of an AAE that uses multiple sofa views.
The first component of the AAE takes the _InitialView cas.documentText, which is XML, converts
it to plain text, and inputs this new text and some annotations into a new view called plainText
(thank you to those last week that helped me figure out this labyrinth).
The subsequent AEs in the AAE create many annotations.
A final AnnotationPrinter AE at the end of the pipeline shows that the plainText view of the
CAS contains the annotations I expect.

Next, this AAE is wrapped into a PEAR and deployed onto a tomcat server as a REST service
(using the sandbox SimpleServer).
The response to a call to the AAE server is supposed to be the annotations. However, the result
is blank - there are no annotations being sent back from the AAE.

-          Could this have to do with the annotations being associated with the plainText
view instead of the _InitialView?

-          If so, how do  I force the AAE to return the annotations associated with the plainText
view?

-          Or, how do I set the plainText view annotations to be available in the "default"
view?

Thank you,
Helen Johnson