uima-user mailing list archives

From Roberto Franchini <franch...@celi.it>
Subject Re: UIMA DroolsRuntimeAnnotator
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 17:15:46 GMT
On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Timm Heuss <Timm.Heuss@web.de> wrote:
> Dear UIMA users,
> I created an Analysis Engine that integrates the JBoss Drools Rule Engine into an UIMA
pipeline. This allows you to process and manipulate Feature Structures of a given CAS in "the
Drools way" - with declarative Drools rules stored separately from your application.

> The combination of UIMA and Drools turned out to be quite powerful in my application,
so I wanted to share the AE with you:

> https://github.com/heussd/droolsruntimeannotator
>
> Maybe it is of use for someone else, too.

Hi,
we use the UIMA/Drools combination in production since 2011.
A POC is available here: https://github.com/celi-uim/uima-drools

We don't use the listener because we prefer to let people writing
Drools grammars (e.g. linguists, not developers) do whatevere they
want with the cas and his annotations. But  I like your way.

Cheers,
FRANK

--
Roberto Franchini