uima-user mailing list archives

From Shahim Essaid <sha...@essaid.com>
Subject Obtaining the AnalysisEngine object from a primitive analysis component
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 22:31:16 GMT
Hi all,

I have a use case where I would like be able to get the AnalysisEngine
object from an AnalysisComponent object at runtime in order to get to
the:

  private ResourceCreationSpecifier mDescription; (or the aggregate's
corresponding field.)

in the PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl class.

This will help my use case in two different ways. First, it will give
me a single unique object for the current engine regardless how many
component instances are created from my class and the object will be
specific to the current engine in case my component class is
instantiated in multiple engines. Second, I can get full access to the
specifier that was used to create the engine.

Is this possible?  I tried to look through the various object
references while debugging but couldn't figure out how to get to the
analysis engine object. I was able to get hold of the
ConfigurationManager object for the engine (which appears to be a
single object per engine) but not the engine object itself. I know I
can coordinate this from the application side but I would like to be
able to do this by simply including the component in an engine without
any other changes.

Thanks,
Shahim