uima-user mailing list archives

From Brian Dolan <buddha_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Does the UIMA pipeline support analysis components written as mahout map-reduce jobs
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 14:48:32 GMT
We tackled this same issue.  Ultimately, since a UIMA process is usually concerned with a single
document, it made more structural sense to wrap the UIMA task within a Mapper.  That keeps
the entire process within the functional programming paradigm.  We also were concerned with
how fragile the UIMA configuration can be and it was easier to control when embedded within
a Mapper.  Similarly with Mahout, though we separated the two jobs.