uima-user mailing list archives

From "Kline, Larry D" <Larry.Kl...@USONCOLOGY.COM>
Subject RE: problem retrieving the annotations of a specific sofa view over a REST service
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 21:49:56 GMT
I have a similar pipeline and deployment (as a pear in a web service).
I do a JCas.reset at the end of the web service method.  This of course
clears all the annotations out of the CAS.  So before I do that I copy
the annotations into some serializable POJOs of my own.  Those are what
I return to the client.  I'm not using a RESTful interface so I generate
client side code from the web service's WSDL.

I'm not sure that UIMA annotations can be serialized over a web service
call.  Or if you would even want to.  They have a very complicated
internal structure.

Larry Kline

-----Original Message-----
From: Helen Johnson -X (heljohns - Infobahn Softworld Inc at Cisco)
[mailto:heljohns@cisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:52 PM
To: user@uima.apache.org
Subject: problem retrieving the annotations of a specific sofa view over
a REST service

I have a UIMA pipeline that consists of an AAE that uses multiple sofa
views.
The first component of the AAE takes the _InitialView cas.documentText,
which is XML, converts it to plain text, and inputs this new text and
some annotations into a new view called plainText (thank you to those
last week that helped me figure out this labyrinth).
The subsequent AEs in the AAE create many annotations.
A final AnnotationPrinter AE at the end of the pipeline shows that the
plainText view of the CAS contains the annotations I expect.

Next, this AAE is wrapped into a PEAR and deployed onto a tomcat server
as a REST service (using the sandbox SimpleServer).
The response to a call to the AAE server is supposed to be the
annotations. However, the result is blank - there are no annotations
being sent back from the AAE.

-          Could this have to do with the annotations being associated
with the plainText view instead of the _InitialView?

-          If so, how do  I force the AAE to return the annotations
associated with the plainText view?

-          Or, how do I set the plainText view annotations to be
available in the "default" view?

Thank you,
Helen Johnson
</pre>The contents of this electronic mail message and any attachments are confidential,
possibly privileged and intended for the addressee(s) only.<br>Only the addressee(s)
may read, disseminate, retain or otherwise use this message. If received in error, please
immediately inform the sender and then delete this message without disclosing its contents
to anyone.</pre>