uima-user mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: making hiearchical annotations in UIMA
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:58:38 GMT

Significant changes were made to the type sysem for cTAKES (now Apache cTAKES [incubating])
to generalize it and align it with standards where possible. It includes semantic and syntactic
types.
http://incubator.apache.org/ctakes/

I suggest you look at ctakes-constituency-parser for an example of handling a syntax tree.

The type system for the current release candidate is:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ctakes/branches/ctakes-3.0.0-incubating/ctakes-type-system/src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/typesystem/types/TypeSystem.xml

And the latest release under development is:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ctakes/trunk/ctakes-type-system/src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/typesystem/types/TypeSystem.xml

Here is the citation for the type system
A common type system for clinical natural language processing.
J Biomed Sem. 4:1. 2013.
http://www.jbiomedsem.com/content/4/1/1/abstract

Regards,
James Masanz