uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMA for multimodal annotation?
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 15:05:13 GMT
Hi Jens,

A description of the GALE application is at http://tinyurl.com/9w4wez4
Looks a bit expensive to get the whole document. We have worked with other
text+audio applications as well as other developers whose applications
mix in image analysis, but they are not published.

As with all UIMA applications good type system design is essential.
Applications that transform a subject of analysis from one language to
another or from audio to text can use multiple UIMA Views to aggregate
all data into a single CAS while still calling text-only or image-only
annotators. The GALE type system illustrates custom Types used
to create links between Views. It also has Types used for application
control.

Happy to discuss in more detail on this mailing list.
Eddie