uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sessions
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 16:22:30 GMT
I am not 100% sure here, but think that an analytic's UimaContext is
fixed after the component has been instantiated. For dynamic control
of processing, the flow controller could use something outside of the
UIMA framework, or the analytic read a control key put in the CAS
itself.

Eddie

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM, Kline, Larry D
<Larry.Kline@usoncology.com> wrote:
> I have a remotely deployed uima application (running in jboss and using
> a pear file) that has a web service front end.  One of the web service
> methods sets a value into the uima session.
>

> recognitionAE.getUimaContext().getSession().put("g2_stemmer",
> stemmerAlgorithmKey);
>

> Then I would like to get that value in a user defined flow controller.
> But in the flow controller I execute this:
>

>                                 fcContext = getContext();
> // this is a FlowController method
>
>                                 String stemmer =
> (String)fcContext.getSession().get(STEMMER_KEY_NAME);
>

> And I get a different session object.  Is there some way to get the root
> session object?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Larry
>
> </pre>The contents of this electronic mail message and any attachments are confidential,
possibly privileged and intended for the addressee(s) only.<br>Only the addressee(s)
may read, disseminate, retain or otherwise use this message. If received in error, please
immediately inform the sender and then delete this message without disclosing its contents
to anyone.</pre>