uima-user mailing list archives

From Michael Tanenblatt <sloth...@park-slope.net>
Subject Re: ConceptMapper dictionary entry variant
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 15:12:22 GMT
There are a few ways this can be done, depending on your needs.

1. Set the "ResultingAnnotationMatchedTextFeature" parameter in the descriptor. This should
be the name of a String feature in your result annotation (e.g., DictTerm is used in the distributed
example). In the resulting annotation instance, it will be filled with actual text that was
matched in input document.

2. Set the "MatchedTokensFeatureName"parameter in the descriptor. This should be the name
of an FSArray feature in your result annotation, and will be filled with tokens matched in
input document.

3. Add some other indicator into your dictionary (e.g., a simple unique identifier for each
variant, or perhaps an id for the parent and one for the variant--depends on your needs).
Then use the fact that you can map any attribute in the dictionary into the resulting annotation
by setting up the parameters "AttributeList" and "FeatureList".

Let me know if this make sense, or if you need more information. Looking back at the documentation,
I can see that things really need to be clarified a lot--sorry!

On Jan 4, 2013, at 3:06 PM, "Kline, Larry D" <Larry.Kline@USONCOLOGY.COM> wrote:

> Is there some way in the ConceptMapper to propagate the actual variant
> text that matched the document text into the annotation that is created
> for the match.  I don't even see the variant information in the
> DictinaryResource.DictEntry class, just the base concept information.
>
> </pre>The contents of this electronic mail message and any attachments are confidential,
possibly privileged and intended for the addressee(s) only.<br>Only the addressee(s)
may read, disseminate, retain or otherwise use this message. If received in error, please
immediately inform the sender and then delete this message without disclosing its contents
to anyone.</pre>