uima-user mailing list archives

From Himanshu Gahlot <himanshu.gahlo...@gmail.com>
Subject Is is possible to pass cas view to the process method of an annotator?
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 18:48:25 GMT
Hi,

I want to create 3 views of the base cas and pass them one by one to the process
method of my annotator. From the documentation I know that we can pass only the
base cas to the anlaysis engine unless the annotator is sofa aware. But even if
the annotator is sofa aware I am not able to pass any view to the annotator,
since the cas passed in the sofa aware annotator has no sofa attached to it and
I need to fetch/create the view in the process method itself. Is there a way so
that I do not have to write the view accessing logic within the annotator and
can pass a view of the cas to the process method itself? In short, I would like
the following functionality to work:

JCas casView1 = baseCas.createView("view1");
ae.process(casView1);

and in the process method of the annotator, the cas should be the casView1.

-Himanshu