uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eck...@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Is is possible to pass cas view to the process method of an annotator?
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 22:57:57 GMT
Am 03.12.2012 um 23:32 schrieb Himanshu Gahlot <himanshu.gahlot86@gmail.com>:

> One more question on a related note: Is it possible to set sofa mappings in
> the Flow Controller? From all the code usages that I have come across it
> seems that sofa mappings can only be set while building the AnalysisEngine.

Good question. I don't know. I think it's not possible since the JavaDoc of
the reconfigure() methods says the method is used only to update a component
with new parameters. Also, the sofa mappings are read directly from the
component descriptor which is afaik not accessible by a flow controller.

I think sofa mappings can only be configured "statically". You probably
could dynamically create a nested pipeline in your flow controller. I
didn't use flow controllers very much so far.

Maybe someone else has a better idea.

-- Richard

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckart@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de