uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eck...@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Is is possible to pass cas view to the process method of an annotator?
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 19:20:58 GMT
Hello Himanshu,

yes, no and maybe.

Yes: you can use "Sofa mapping". You should find corresponding configuration possibilities
on aggregate analysis engines and in the CPEs.

In uimaFIT you'd want to look at the AggregateBuilder:

http://uimafit.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/apidocs/org/uimafit/factory/AggregateBuilder.html

No: a Sofa mapping only maps a particular named view to the default view of an AE, it cannot
pass one view after the other to an AE.

Maybe: if you don't mind, you should be able to have your process three times in an aggregate
and
every time you map another view to its default view.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Am 03.12.2012 um 19:48 schrieb Himanshu Gahlot <himanshu.gahlot86@gmail.com>
:

> Hi,
>
> I want to create 3 views of the base cas and pass them one by one to the process
> method of my annotator. From the documentation I know that we can pass only the
> base cas to the anlaysis engine unless the annotator is sofa aware. But even if
> the annotator is sofa aware I am not able to pass any view to the annotator,
> since the cas passed in the sofa aware annotator has no sofa attached to it and
> I need to fetch/create the view in the process method itself. Is there a way so
> that I do not have to write the view accessing logic within the annotator and
> can pass a view of the cas to the process method itself? In short, I would like
> the following functionality to work:
>
> JCas casView1 = baseCas.createView("view1");
> ae.process(casView1);
>
> and in the process method of the annotator, the cas should be the casView1.

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckart@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de