uima-user mailing list archives

From Spico Florin <spicoflo...@gmail.com>
Subject UIMA AS get the component name from ProcessTrace
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 13:11:28 GMT
Hello!
  I'm using UIMA AS 2.3.1 . My pipeline consists of a remote analysis
engines and a consumer front ended by an aggregator.  I'm using  *
UimaAsynchronousEngine* to send message to UIMA and to receive a reply back
to it via *UimaAsBaseCallbackListener*. With this listener I would like to
know:
1. statistics for each component name
2. which components (name) were failed

A)Regarding the first point, I have been looking at the method
*  public void entityProcessComplete(CAS aCas, EntityProcessStatus
aStatus)  *of *UimaAsBaseCallbackListener, *parameter aStatus.

Looking at the class *EntityProcessStatus,  *I can see that it provides a
method returning  a list of *ProcessTraceEvent* .
    *aStatus.getProcessTrace().getEventsByComponentName("UimaEE", false);
*
Unfortunately, it seems that the UimaEE is the generic name of all the
components of the pipeline and thus you cannot distinguish which component
is slow.
In  my opinion, the functionality for one message processed should be as
follow: *EntityProcessStatus *provide a method returning a Map where
   a)*key* is the component name defined in the descriptor of the annotator
   b)*value *a list of the events attach for it
Question: Do we have such a functionality covered in a different way?

B)For the point 2:
   i)what will be returned by the method
*EntityProcessStatus*.*getFailedComponentNames()?
*
   ii)Do we have the name of the failed component as the it is defined in
the descriptor or it is the same problem with hard-coded name *UimaEE*?

I'll look forward for your answers.

Thank you.
Regards,
  Florin