uima-user mailing list archives

From Himanshu Gahlot <himanshu.gahlo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is is possible to pass cas view to the process method of an annotator?
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 23:55:47 GMT
How can I switch the view for an annotator in the Flow Controller? I have
tried the following two things:
1. If the annotator is not sofa aware then even if I use setJCas('view1')
method in the Flow Controller, it still passes the base cas to the
annotator and not view1. The annotator itself needs to call
baseCas.getView('view1') in order to access view1.

2. If the annotator is sofa aware then if I use setJCas('view1') in the
Flow Controller it again passes only the base cas which is not associated
to any sofa.

Even though setJCas is deprecated but I trying to see if the view switching
functionality in flow controller is possible at all or not.

I need to run the same annotator on three different views of the base cas
using the Flow Controller. I do not want to write the view switching logic
in the annotator. As Richard said, I can create three AEs where each AE has
its default sofa mapped to one of the views and then run it as a pipeline.
But I want to know if the same is possible using the Flow Controller.

Himanshu