uima-user mailing list archives

From Burn Lewis <burnle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is is possible to pass cas view to the process method of an annotator?
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 15:37:25 GMT
You can't select the view in the FC but a very ugly hack would be for the
FC to modify the CAS and set some feature that would tell a sofa-aware
annotator what view to switch to.  But again I recommend making the
annotator sofa-aware and let it do the switching ... that would require
only a few lines of code and could be quite flexible ... it could use a
config param to specify the view(s) or fall back to taking the default
view.  If you do not have access to the annotator source then I think the
earlier suggestion of replicating it in the aggregate with different sofa
mappings is the best.

~Burn

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Himanshu Gahlot <himanshu.gahlot86@gmail.com