uima-user mailing list archives

From Trevor Owens <trevor.ow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resource Initialization Exception when installing PEAR file
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 11:31:55 GMT
Marshall Schor <msa@...> writes:

> Hi Trevor,
>
> Can you post the complete stack trace?  Often the root cause of
problems is
> found lower down in the stack trace.
>
> -Marshall
>
> On 10/23/2012 5:12 AM, Trevor Owens wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm having trouble with installing a PEAR package from the
Concept Mapper
> > project. It fails verification of PEAR installation with a
Resource
> > Initialization Exception class not found error.
> >
> > The project runs in the document
> > analyzer (having adjusted the classpath and added the resources
folder as
> > source). I am using a windows 7 64bit machine.
> >
> > When I create the pear package, I am using the descriptor:
> > desc/analysis_engine/aggregate/OffsetTokenizerMatcher.xml
> >
> > setting CLASSPATH to (This is probably overkill after the first
entry.
> > The lines are separated for readability.):
> > $main_root/bin;
> > $main_root/resources;
> > $main_root/bin/uima/tt;
> > $main_root/bin/org/apache/uima/conceptMapper;

$main_root/bin/org/apache/uima/conceptMapper/dictionaryCompiler;

$main_root/bin/org/apache/uima/conceptMapper/dictionaryResource;

$main_root/bin/org/apache/uima/conceptMapper/dictionaryResource/ann
otatorAdaptor;
> > $main_root/bin/org/apache/uima/conceptMapper/stemmer;
> > $main_root/bin/org/apache/uima/conceptMapper/tokenizer;
> > $main_root/bin/org/apache/uima/conceptMapper/tokens;
> >
> > and even adding a PATH variable just in case:
> > $main_root/desc/analysis_engine/aggregate;
> > $main_root/desc/analysis_engine/primitive;
> >
> > I know that the classes referenced by the descriptors (like in
> > ConceptMapperOffsetTokenizer.xml) reside in $main_root/bin. So
the
> > following error is perplexing. All paths are relative. I am not
using any hard
> > links (for the TokenizerDescriptorPath or DictionaryFileName).
> >
> > When I install the pear package (using runPearInstaller.bat) to
another folder,
> > I get this error:
> >
> > Verification of ConceptMapper failed =>
> >
> > org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException:
Initialization of
> > annotator class "org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.ConceptMapper"
failed.

> > (Descriptor:

file:/C:/Users/trevor.owens/Desktop/PearInstall/ConceptMapper/desc/
> > analysis_engine/primitive/ConceptMapperOffsetTokenizer.xml)
> > 	at

org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.

initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:252)
> > 	at

org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.
> > initialize(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:156)
> > 	at
> >

> > When I try to run the installed Concept Mapper project (even
though verification
> > failed) in the document analyzer, I get this error:
> > org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: An
import could not be
> > resolved. No .xml file with name
"org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.DictTerm was
> > found in the class path or data path.
> > (Descriptor: file:.../ConceptMapperOffsetTokenizer.xml)

> > Thanks,
> > Trevor

Hi Marshall,
thanks for your response.

I have tried a couple other things to try to remedy the situation
to no avail.
I am being careful to follow the instructions for using the
runPearInstaller.bat gui. I am now also adding a .jar file with the
class
files in the lib\
directory, as is suggested.

I am still getting the same stack trace, which is posted at the
end.

I have been focusing on this part of it:
Caused by:
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Annotator
class
"org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.support.tokenizer.OffsetTokenizer"
was not
found. (Descriptor:
file:/C:/Users/trevor.owens/Desktop/PearInstall/CMTest/desc/OffsetT
okenizer.
xml)

Which would make it seem that the jar file is not on the classpath.
I tried
adding it to the classpath (even though it is supposed to be added
automatically) and removed the bin folder from the pear. This also
did not
solve the problem. I also tried other combinations of bin, no bin
folder and
classpath entries, also to no avail.

I am also attaching the verbose stack trace from the CVD log file,
obtained by
trying to load the installed pear file <component_id>_pear.xml.

I have tried rebuilding the project from the ground up, which is
the reason the
name in this stack trace is CMTest as opposed to ConceptMapper, as
before.
It is
the same exact project, however.

I appreciate your time and help,

-Trevor

Verification of CMTest failed =>
 org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException:
 Initialization
 of annotator class "org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.ConceptMapper"
 failed.
 (Descriptor:
 file:/C:/Users/trevor.owens/Desktop/PearInstall/CMTest/desc/Concep
 tMapperOffsetTokenizer.xml)
	at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.
	PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initializeAnalysisComponent
	(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:252)
	at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.

	PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initialize(PrimitiveAnalysisEn
	gine_impl.java:156)
	at
	org.apache.uima.impl.AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.produceReso
	urce(AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.java:94)
	at
	org.apache.uima.impl.CompositeResourceFactory_impl.produceR
	esource(CompositeResourceFactory_impl.java:62)
	at
	org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework
	.java:269)
	at
	org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(UIMAFra
	mework.java:387)
	at
	org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.asb.impl.ASB_impl.setup(ASB
	_impl.java:254)
	at
	org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AggregateAnalysisEngin
	e_impl.initASB(AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.java:431)
	at
	org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AggregateAnalysisEngin
	e_impl.initializeAggregateAnalysisEngine(AggregateAnalysisE
	ngine_impl.java:375)
	at
	org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AggregateAnalysisEngin
	e_impl.initialize(AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.java:185)
	at
	org.apache.uima.impl.AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.produceReso
	urce(AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.java:94)
	at
	org.apache.uima.impl.CompositeResourceFactory_impl.produceR
	esource(CompositeResourceFactory_impl.java:62)
	at
	org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework
	.java:269)
	at
	org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework
	.java:314)
	at
	org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(UIMAFra
	mework.java:425)
	at
	org.apache.uima.pear.tools.InstallationTester.testAnalysisE
	ngine(InstallationTester.java:218)
	at
	org.apache.uima.pear.tools.InstallationTester.doTest(Instal
	lationTester.java:113)
	at
	org.apache.uima.pear.tools.InstallationController.verifyCom
	ponentInstallation(InstallationController.java:1110)
	at
	org.apache.uima.pear.tools.InstallationController.verifyCom
	ponent(InstallationController.java:1993)
	at
	org.apache.uima.tools.pear.install.InstallPear.installPear(
	InstallPear.java:389)
	at
	org.apache.uima.tools.pear.install.InstallPear.access$000(I
	nstallPear.java:80)
	at
	org.apache.uima.tools.pear.install.InstallPear$RunInstallat
	ion.run(InstallPear.java:109)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Caused by: org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException
	at
	org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.compatibility.Annotato
	rAdapter.initialize(AnnotatorAdapter.java:113)
	at
	org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngin
	e_impl.initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_
	impl.java:250)
	... 22 more
Caused by:
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.annotator.AnnotatorConfigurationExc
eption
	at
	org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.ConceptMapper.initialize(Conc
	eptMapper.java:346)
	at
	org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.compatibility.Annotato
	rAdapter.initialize(AnnotatorAdapter.java:109)
	... 23 more
Caused by: org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException
	at
	org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.support.dictionaryResource.Di
	ctionaryResource_impl.loadDictionaryContents(DictionaryReso
	urce_impl.java:290)
	at
	org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.ConceptMapper.initialize(Conc
	eptMapper.java:338)
	... 24 more
Caused by:
org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.support.dictionaryResource.Dictionary
LoaderException:
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Annotator
class
"org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.support.tokenizer.OffsetTokenizer"
was not found. (Descriptor:
file:/C:/Users/trevor.owens/Desktop/PearInstall/CMTest/desc/OffsetT
okenizer.xml)
	at
	org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.support.dictionaryResource.an
	notatorAdaptor.AnnotatorAdaptor.initCPM(AnnotatorAdaptor.ja
	va:100)
	at
	org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.support.dictionaryResource.Di
	ctionaryResource_impl$DictLoader.setDictionary(DictionaryRe
	source_impl.java:944)
	at
	org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.support.dictionaryResource.Di
	ctionaryResource_impl.loadDictionaryContents(DictionaryReso
	urce_impl.java:275)
	... 25 more
Caused by:
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Annotator
class
"org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.support.tokenizer.OffsetTokenizer"
was not found. (Descriptor:
file:/C:/Users/trevor.owens/Desktop/PearInstall/CMTest/desc/OffsetT
okenizer.xml)
	at
	org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngin
	e_impl.initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_
	impl.java:207)
	at
	org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngin
	e_impl.initialize(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:156)
	at
	org.apache.uima.impl.AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.produceReso
	urce(AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.java:94)
	at
	org.apache.uima.impl.CompositeResourceFactory_impl.produceR
	esource(CompositeResourceFactory_impl.java:62)
	at
	org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework
	.java:269)
	at
	org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(UIMAFra
	mework.java:354)
	at
	org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.support.dictionaryResource.an
	notatorAdaptor.AnnotatorAdaptor.initCPM(AnnotatorAdaptor.ja
	va:97)
	... 27 more
org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.support.tokenizer.OffsetTokenizer
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
	Method)
	at
	java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
	at
	sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:30
	8)
	at
	org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngin
	e_impl.initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_
	impl.java:204)
	... 33 more

AND HERE IS THE STACKTRACE FROM CVD:

10/25/12 3:02:54 AM - 14:
org.apache.uima.util.SimpleResourceFactory.produceResource: CONFIG:
trying
Resource class
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PearAnalysisEngineWrapper
10/25/12 3:02:54 AM - 14:
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PearAnalysisEngineWrapper.init
ialize:
CONFIG: UIMA pear runtime set system environment variable
"DATAPATH=
C:/Users/trevor.owens/Desktop/PearInstall/CMTest/resources;" for
UIMA
component CMTest.
10/25/12 3:02:54 AM - 14:
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PearAnalysisEngineWrapper.crea
teRM: CONFIG:
UIMA pear runtime set classpath to
"C:/Users/trevor.owens/Desktop/PearInstall/CMTest/lib/ConceptMapper
.jar;C:/Users
/trevor.owens/Desktop/PearInstall/CMTest/bin;"
for UIMA component CMTest.
10/25/12 3:02:54 AM - 14:
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PearAnalysisEngineWrapper.crea
teRMmap:
CONFIG: UIMA pear runtime: creating a Map from class
"C:/Users/trevor.owens/Desktop/PearInstall/CMTest/lib/ConceptMapper
.jar;C:/Users
/trevor.owens/Desktop/PearInstall/CMTest/bin;"
and data path "null" to its resource manager instance.
10/25/12 3:02:54 AM - 14:
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.i
nitialize:
CONFIG: AnalysisEngine [DictMatcher] initialization begin
10/25/12 3:02:54 AM - 14:
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.asb.impl.ASB_impl.initialize:
CONFIG: ASB
initialization begin
10/25/12 3:02:54 AM - 14:
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.asb.impl.ASB_impl.initialize:
CONFIG: ASB
initialization successful
10/25/12 3:02:54 AM - 14:
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.i
nitialize:
CONFIG: AnalysisEngine [OffsetTokenenizer] initialization begin
10/25/12 3:02:54 AM - 14:
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.i
nitialize:
CONFIG: AnalysisEngine [OffsetTokenenizer] initialization
successful
10/25/12 3:02:54 AM - 14:
org.apache.uima.util.SimpleResourceFactory.produceResource: CONFIG:
trying
Resource class org.apache.uima.resource.impl.DataResource_impl
10/25/12 3:02:54 AM - 14:
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.i
nitialize:
CONFIG: AnalysisEngine [ConceptMapper] initialization begin
10/25/12 3:02:54 AM - 14:
org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.Logger.log(46): INFO:
ConceptMapper INFO: Loading Dictionary...
10/25/12 3:02:54 AM - 14:
org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.Logger.log(46): INFO:
ConceptMapper INFO: Loading dictionary
10/25/12 3:02:54 AM - 14:
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.i
nitialize:
CONFIG: AnalysisEngine [OffsetTokenenizer] initialization begin
10/25/12 3:02:54 AM - 14:
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.i
nitialize:
CONFIG: AnalysisEngine [OffsetTokenenizer] destroyed.
10/25/12 3:02:54 AM - 14:
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.d
estroy:
CONFIG: AnalysisEngine [DictMatcher] destroyed.
10/25/12 3:02:54 AM - 14:
org.apache.uima.tools.cvd.MainFrame.handleException(527): SEVERE:
Error
initializing
"org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PearAnalysisEngineWrapper"
from descriptor
file:/C:/Users/trevor.owens/Desktop/PearInstall/CMTest/CMTest_pear.
xml.
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Error
initializing
"org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PearAnalysisEngineWrapper"
from descriptor
file:/C:/Users/trevor.owens/Desktop/PearInstall/CMTest/CMTest_pear.
xml.
	at
org.apache.uima.util.SimpleResourceFactory.produceResource(SimpleRe
sourceFactory
.java:144)
	at
org.apache.uima.impl.CompositeResourceFactory_impl.produceResource(
CompositeReso
urceFactory_impl.java:62)
	at
	org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework
	.java:269)
	at
	org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework
	.java:314)
	at
	org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(UIMAFra
	mework.ja
	va:425)
	at
	org.apache.uima.tools.cvd.MainFrame.setupAE(MainFrame.java:
	1486)
	at
	org.apache.uima.tools.cvd.MainFrame.loadAEDescriptor(MainFr
	ame.java:
	477)
	at
org.apache.uima.tools.cvd.control.AnnotatorOpenEventHandler.actionP
erformed(Anno
tatorOpenEventHandler.java:52)
	at
	javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButt
	on.java:
	2018)
	at
	javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Abstract
	Button.
	java:2341)
	at
	javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultB
	utton
	Model.java:402)
	at
	javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonMode
	l.java:
	259)
	at
	javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:376)
	at
	javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuIte
	mUI.java:
	833)
	at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicM
enuItemUI.
java:877)
	at
	java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6505)
	at
	javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:33
	21)
	at
	java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4861)
	at
	java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2287)
	at
	java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container
	.java:4832)
	at
	java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.
	java:4492)
	at
	java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java
	:4422)
	at
	java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2273)
	at
	java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:707)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:101)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:666)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:664)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
	Method)
	at
java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Protection
Domain.java:7
6)
	at
java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Protection
Domain.java:8
7)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:680)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:678)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
	Method)
	at
java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Protection
Domain.java:7
6)
	at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchTh
read.java:211
)
	at
	java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispa
	tchThread.
	java:128)
	at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchTh
read.java:117
)
	at
	java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread
	.java:113)
	at
	java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread
	.java:105)
	at
	java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:9
	0)
Caused by:
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException:
Initialization of annotator class
"org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.ConceptMapper"
failed.  (Descriptor:
file:/C:/Users/trevor.owens/Desktop/PearInstall/CMTest/desc/Concept
[...]
ialize(PearAn
alysisEngineWrapper.java:269)
	at
org.apache.uima.util.SimpleResourceFactory.produceResource(SimpleRe
sourceFactory
.java:123)
	... 45 more
Caused by: org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException
	at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.compatibility.AnnotatorAdapter
.initialize(A
nnotatorAdapter.java:113)
	at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.i
nitializeAnal
ysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:250)
	... 61 more
Caused by:
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.annotator.AnnotatorConfigurationExc
eption
	at
	org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.ConceptMapper.initialize(Conc
	eptMapper.
	java:346)
	at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.compatibility.AnnotatorAdapter
.initialize(A
nnotatorAdapter.java:109)
	... 62 more
Caused by: org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException
	at
org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.support.dictionaryResource.Dictionary
Resource_impl
.loadDictionaryContents(DictionaryResource_impl.java:290)
	at
	org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.ConceptMapper.initialize(Conc
	eptMapper.
	java:338)
	... 63 more
Caused by:
org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.support.dictionaryResource.Dictionary
LoaderExcepti
on:
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Annotator
class
"org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.support.tokenizer.OffsetTokenizer"
was not found.
(Descriptor:
file:/C:/Users/trevor.owens/Desktop/PearInstall/CMTest/desc/OffsetT
okenizer.xml)
	at
org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.support.dictionaryResource.annotatorA
daptor.Annota
torAdaptor.initCPM(AnnotatorAdaptor.java:100)
	at
org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.support.dictionaryResource.Dictionary
Resource_impl
$DictLoader.setDictionary(DictionaryResource_impl.java:944)
	at
org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.support.dictionaryResource.Dictionary
Resource_impl
.loadDictionaryContents(DictionaryResource_impl.java:275)
	... 64 more
Caused by:
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Annotator
class
"org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.support.tokenizer.OffsetTokenizer"
was not
found. (Descriptor:
file:/C:/Users/trevor.owens/Desktop/PearInstall/CMTest/desc/OffsetT
okenizer.xml)
	at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.i
nitializeAnal
ysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:207)
[...]
torAdaptor.initCPM(AnnotatorAdaptor.java:97)
	... 66 more
org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.support.tokenizer.OffsetTokenizer
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
	Method)
	at
	java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
	at
	sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:30
	8)
	at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.i
nitializeAnal
ysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:204)
	... 72 more