uima-user mailing list archives

From Trevor Owens <trevor.ow...@gmail.com>
Subject Resource Initialization Exception when installing PEAR file
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 09:12:38 GMT
Hi,
I'm having trouble with installing a PEAR package from the Concept Mapper
project. It fails verification of PEAR installation with a Resource
Initialization Exception class not found error.

The project runs in the document
analyzer (having adjusted the classpath and added the resources folder as
source). I am using a windows 7 64bit machine.

When I create the pear package, I am using the descriptor:
desc/analysis_engine/aggregate/OffsetTokenizerMatcher.xml

setting CLASSPATH to (This is probably overkill after the first entry.
The lines are separated for readability.):
$main_root/bin;
$main_root/resources;
$main_root/bin/uima/tt;
$main_root/bin/org/apache/uima/conceptMapper;
$main_root/bin/org/apache/uima/conceptMapper/dictionaryCompiler;
$main_root/bin/org/apache/uima/conceptMapper/dictionaryResource;
$main_root/bin/org/apache/uima/conceptMapper/dictionaryResource/annotatorAdaptor;
$main_root/bin/org/apache/uima/conceptMapper/stemmer;
$main_root/bin/org/apache/uima/conceptMapper/tokenizer;
$main_root/bin/org/apache/uima/conceptMapper/tokens;

and even adding a PATH variable just in case:
$main_root/desc/analysis_engine/aggregate;
$main_root/desc/analysis_engine/primitive;

I know that the classes referenced by the descriptors (like in
ConceptMapperOffsetTokenizer.xml) reside in $main_root/bin. So the
following error is perplexing. All paths are relative. I am not using any hard
links (for the TokenizerDescriptorPath or DictionaryFileName).

When I install the pear package (using runPearInstaller.bat) to another folder,
I get this error:

Verification of ConceptMapper failed =>

org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Initialization of
annotator class "org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.ConceptMapper" failed.

(Descriptor:
file:/C:/Users/trevor.owens/Desktop/PearInstall/ConceptMapper/desc/
analysis_engine/primitive/ConceptMapperOffsetTokenizer.xml)
	at

org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.
initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:252)
	at

org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.
initialize(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:156)
	at

When I try to run the installed Concept Mapper project (even though verification
failed) in the document analyzer, I get this error:
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: An import could not be
resolved. No .xml file with name "org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.DictTerm was
found in the class path or data path.
(Descriptor: file:.../ConceptMapperOffsetTokenizer.xml)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Trevor