uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eck...@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: operationalProperties
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 17:53:17 GMT
Hello Andreas,

as far as I know, the CPE executes components (casProcessors) in the order that they are defined
in the CPE descriptor.

outputsNewCASes: should be set to true on a CAS multiplier. Mind that CPEs do not support
these.

multipleDeploymentAllowed: the CPE creates multiple instances on all components with this
set to true (usually AEs). Once the CPE hits the first component with this set to false, all
following components are only instantiated once.

modifiesCas: I think this has no particular effect in a CPE. No idea really where this is
used. A quick search on the UIMA source code didn't seem to produce any location where this
setting has any effect.

Best,

-- Richard

Am 30.10.2012 um 15:12 schrieb Andreas Niekler <aniekler@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>:

> Dear List,
>
> can please anyone comment on the effect that the following settings in a analysisEngineDescription
have? I wonder if they change the order of the processing in a multi-threaded run of a cpe.
Does is change anything if i set those parameters or is it just to control things from outside?

> I ask because i need to log which files where able to run through all processes Annotators
since many of the annotators contanct web services. In the cas consumer i than write the list
to a file. But what if there is one process that says modifiesCas=false. If an error happens
in there does the CAS Consumer care and end the Chain or does it just don't care? IS there
a documentation on this?

> <operationalProperties>
>      <modifiesCas>true</modifiesCas>
>      <multipleDeploymentAllowed>true</multipleDeploymentAllowed>
>      <outputsNewCASes>false</outputsNewCASes>
> </operationalProperties>
>
> Thank you all
>
> --
> Andreas Niekler, Dipl. Ing. (FH)
> NLP Group | Department of Computer Science
> University of Leipzig
> Johannisgasse 26 | 04103 Leipzig

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckart@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de