uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eck...@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Parallel CAS consumer
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 10:39:13 GMT
Hi,

I see. I think this is not possible. To my knowledge CPE (which you probably use) does not
support CAS multipliers. I'm not too familiar with UIMA-AS, are you sure that it supports
such a scenario?

If you manage to get realize the scenario as you described, it would be great to hear how
you did it.

Best,

-- Richard

Am 10.10.2012 um 12:15 schrieb Timo Boehme <timo.boehme@ontochem.com>
:

> Hi,
>
> Am 10.10.2012 12:05, schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
>> the main difference between CAS consumers and analysis engines is
>> that the former be default run only a single instance and the latter
>> can be multiplied. If your consumer code can be run in parallel, just
>> try inheriting from AnalysisEngine_ImplBase (or something like that)
>> instead.
>
> Thanks for your answer. However each single consumer must run as single instance (e.g.
one database consumer, one consumer writing to a file; each of them need to run as single
instance). Thus I would like to have a single instance per consumer but the different consumer
to run in parallel.

> Kind regards,
> Timo
>
>> Am 10.10.2012 um 12:00 schrieb Timo Boehme <timo.boehme@ontochem.com>
>> :
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is there any possibility without using UIMA-AS to run different CAS consumer
components of a pipeline in parallel?
>>> The standard behavior is that the consumer are called in sequence, but since
in my case they don't depend on each other it would be more efficient to have them run in
parallel. Can I use CAS multiplier + Flow control to achieve this?

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckart@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de