uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eck...@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Parallel CAS consumer
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 10:05:13 GMT
Hi,

the main difference between CAS consumers and analysis engines is that the former be default
run only a single instance and the latter can be multiplied. If your consumer code can be
run in parallel, just try inheriting from AnalysisEngine_ImplBase (or something like that)
instead.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Am 10.10.2012 um 12:00 schrieb Timo Boehme <timo.boehme@ontochem.com>
:

> Hi,
>
> is there any possibility without using UIMA-AS to run different CAS consumer components
of a pipeline in parallel?
> The standard behavior is that the consumer are called in sequence, but since in my case
they don't depend on each other it would be more efficient to have them run in parallel. Can
I use CAS multiplier + Flow control to achieve this?

> Thanks,
> Timo
>
> --
>
> Timo Boehme
> OntoChem GmbH
> H.-Damerow-Str. 4
> 06120 Halle/Saale
> T: +49 345 4780474
> F: +49 345 4780471
> timo.boehme@ontochem.com

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckart@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de