uima-user mailing list archives

From Shahim Essaid <sha...@essaid.com>
Subject Is it possible to add Feature(s) to Top?
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 23:21:39 GMT
Hi All,

Does the UIMA API provide a way to add features to the base type
system? I see that the default TS is created and locked in CASImpl so
I am assuming that there is no API way for doing this.  Can I add
additional features in the CASImpl code (and modify the Java cover
classes in jcas) and recompile? Will this work? Does the rest of the
API make any assumptions about the Top type and what features it can
have?

The reason I am asking is that  I want to add few String features to
capture some metadata about each annotation instance in a generic way
even if the instances are created by an independent Annotator or PEAR.

Thanks,
Shahim