uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Parallel CAS consumer
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 15:30:57 GMT
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Timo Boehme <timo.boehme@ontochem.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the answer. I will give it a try.
> I wasn't sure if using a CAS multiplier will run the following annotators
> for the different CASes in different threads - or is it the flow controller
> which has to do the treading (?) - I will dig a bit deeper into the API to
> find out how this works.
> Thanks again.
>
> Timo

UIMA-AS will put every asynchronous component in a separate thread.
Using the ComponentDescriptorEditor on a UIMA-AS deployment
descriptor, marking an aggregate with "Run as AS aggregate" will make
every delegate in *that* aggregate an asynchronous component.

The flow controller doesn't "run" anything, it just returns the name
of the next delegate to run its CAS. Every CAS has its own flow
controller object. Always best to debug an aggregate in single
threaded mode before deploying it with UIMA-AS.

Eddie