uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Parallel CAS consumer
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 13:24:20 GMT
The documentation for parallel step quoted here is for core UIMA,
which is single threaded. UIMA-AS implements parallel step
processing for delegates that are running as UIMA-AS services;
it implements CAS merging in the CAS-deserialization code.

Another approach with all in the same process, also using UIMA-AS,
would be to use a CAS multiplier to replicate a CAS and have the
flow controller send a copy to each of the two delegates, in parallel.
The results could then be merged back into one CAS with another
CAS multiplier. Both CM and the two delegate could be implemented
in an aggregate, so that the child CASes would only exist in the
aggregate and all results would be returned in the original input CAS.

Eddie