uima-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Niekler <aniek...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Subject operationalProperties
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 14:12:54 GMT
Dear List,

can please anyone comment on the effect that the following settings in a
analysisEngineDescription have? I wonder if they change the order of the
processing in a multi-threaded run of a cpe. Does is change anything if
i set those parameters or is it just to control things from outside?

I ask because i need to log which files where able to run through all
processes Annotators since many of the annotators contanct web services.
In the cas consumer i than write the list to a file. But what if there
is one process that says modifiesCas=false. If an error happens in there
does the CAS Consumer care and end the Chain or does it just don't care?
IS there a documentation on this?

<operationalProperties>
       <modifiesCas>true</modifiesCas>
       <multipleDeploymentAllowed>true</multipleDeploymentAllowed>
       <outputsNewCASes>false</outputsNewCASes>
  </operationalProperties>

Thank you all

--
Andreas Niekler, Dipl. Ing. (FH)
NLP Group | Department of Computer Science

mail: aniekler@informatik.uni-leipzig.deg.de