uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Resource Initialization Exception when installing PEAR file
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 13:54:48 GMT
Hi Trevor,

The error message says that one class, belonging to the ConceptMapper annotator,
can't be found in the classpath.

The stack trace indicates that other classes in the ConceptMapper can be found.
Looking at where in ConceptMapper this failure happened, it happened when
ConceptMapper, itself, is attempting to instantiate another UIMA pipeline, where
it would then run the tokenizer over supplied dictionary.

The Concept Mapper finds the tokenizer to run via its configuration parameter
"TokenizerDescriptorPath".  This error happens when the descriptor pointed to by
that parameter is attempting to be instantiated by UIMA.

What do you have that parameter set to in your case?  Is it pointing to a "PEAR"
descriptor?  If so, I would check that descriptor - it's likely not properly
configured to specify that pear's class path to include the class not being found.

-Marshall