uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: ResourceInitializationException: Initialization of MetaMapAnnotator failed
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 19:33:33 GMT

On 10/17/2012 8:10 AM, Deepal Dhariwal wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to use UIMA MetaMap annotator and I am getting following error
> when I run document Analyser:
> org.apazhe.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Initialization of
> annotator class "gov.nih.nlm.nls.metamap.uima.MetaMapAnnotator" failed.
> cause by java.lang.RuntimException: Connection refused: connect: Check to
> see if mmserver is running or if port and hostname specified for mmserver
> are correct.
>
> I am following steps from http://metamap.nlm.nih.gov/README_uima.html
>
> Kindly let me know what is the error and how could it be resolved.

I'm not sure, but from the error message, it appears that this annotator
attempts to connect to some service on the internet, and that attempt failed.

A possible thing to do is to look through the documentation for this annotator
and see if it describes some configuration data that you might have to set up
before it will work.

-Marshall