uima-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Patry <alexandre.pa...@keatext.com>
Subject Re: Using JCasGen outside eclipse
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 19:29:04 GMT
On Fri 12 Oct 2012 02:41:45 PM EDT, Himanshu Gahlot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to use the JCas generator utility in some other IDE
> (IntelliJ Idea, to be specific) other than Eclipse? Something where I just
> need to write the xml for the new type and the corresponding Java class
> gets generated using a call to some uima class/script.

I use jcasgen along with maven in Intellij IDEA. Here are the specific
snippets for maven :

[...]
<!-- Needed to compile type descriptions to java -->
<dependency>
            <groupId>org.uimafit</groupId>
            <artifactId>uimafit</artifactId>
            <version>1.4.0</version>
</dependency>
[...]
<build>
        <plugins>
            <!--
                Run jcasgen on the "generate-source" phase and copy the
.java in target/generated-sources/uima.
                Do not forget to configure the content of the
"<argument>" tags to your needs.
             -->
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>1.2.1</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>jcasgen</id>
                        <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>java</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
                <configuration>

<mainClass>org.uimafit.util.JCasGenPomFriendly</mainClass>
                    <arguments>

<argument>file:${project.basedir}/src/main/resources/path/to/your/types/*.xml</argument>

<argument>${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/uima</argument>
                    </arguments>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

            <!-- Adds the generated sources to the build -->
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                <artifactId>build-helper-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>1.7</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>add-uima-sources</id>
                        <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>add-source</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <sources>

<source>${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/uima</source>
                            </sources>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
</build>

Looking at jcasgen.sh, you could also call the class
org.apache.uima.tools.jcasgen.Jg from a run configuration.

Hope this help,

Alexandre

--
Alexandre Patry
Ingénieur-Chercheur

>> Transformez vos documents en outils de décision
<< Turn your documents into decision tools