uima-user mailing list archives

From Timo Boehme <timo.boe...@ontochem.com>
Subject Re: Parallel CAS consumer
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 13:34:35 GMT
Am 12.10.2012 15:26, schrieb Eddie Epstein:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Timo Boehme <timo.boehme@ontochem.com> wrote:
>> This is exactly the solution I was thinking about. However I haven't used
>> UIMA-AS so far since we do not split processing over multiple machines but
>> use a multi-core server. Thus I don't want to set up a resource consuming
>> service infrastructure with slow socket communication but would like to run
>> it in the same Java VM.
>> Now it's not clear to me if this is nevertheless possible with UIMA-AS ("...
>> in the same process")?
>
> The second alternative described earlier would run the two annotators
> in parallel in the same process. Again, the idea is to use a Cas
> multiplier to make a copy of the CAS and then use a flow controller to
> send the two CASes in parallel to the two annotators.

Thank you for the answer. I will give it a try.
I wasn't sure if using a CAS multiplier will run the following
annotators for the different CASes in different threads - or is it the
flow controller which has to do the treading (?) - I will dig a bit
deeper into the API to find out how this works.
Thanks again.

Timo

--

  Timo Boehme