uima-user mailing list archives

From Timo Boehme <timo.boe...@ontochem.com>
Subject Re: Parallel CAS consumer
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 14:30:30 GMT
Hi,

thank you very much for all the feedback.

Am 10.10.2012 15:24, schrieb Eddie Epstein:
> Another approach with all in the same process, also using UIMA-AS,
> would be to use a CAS multiplier to replicate a CAS and have the
> flow controller send a copy to each of the two delegates, in parallel.
> The results could then be merged back into one CAS with another
> CAS multiplier. Both CM and the two delegate could be implemented
> in an aggregate, so that the child CASes would only exist in the
> aggregate and all results would be returned in the original input CAS.

This is exactly the solution I was thinking about. However I haven't
used UIMA-AS so far since we do not split processing over multiple
machines but use a multi-core server. Thus I don't want to set up a
resource consuming service infrastructure with slow socket communication
but would like to run it in the same Java VM.
Now it's not clear to me if this is nevertheless possible with UIMA-AS
("... in the same process")?

Thanks,
Timo

--