uima-user mailing list archives

From Timo Boehme <timo.boe...@ontochem.com>
Subject Re: Parallel CAS consumer
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 10:15:18 GMT
Hi,

Am 10.10.2012 12:05, schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
> the main difference between CAS consumers and analysis engines is
> that the former be default run only a single instance and the latter
> can be multiplied. If your consumer code can be run in parallel, just
> try inheriting from AnalysisEngine_ImplBase (or something like that)
> instead.

Thanks for your answer. However each single consumer must run as single
instance (e.g. one database consumer, one consumer writing to a file;
each of them need to run as single instance). Thus I would like to have
a single instance per consumer but the different consumer to run in
parallel.

Kind regards,
Timo

> Am 10.10.2012 um 12:00 schrieb Timo Boehme <timo.boehme@ontochem.com>
> :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there any possibility without using UIMA-AS to run different CAS consumer components
of a pipeline in parallel?
>> The standard behavior is that the consumer are called in sequence, but since in my
case they don't depend on each other it would be more efficient to have them run in parallel.
Can I use CAS multiplier + Flow control to achieve this?

--

  Timo Boehme
  OntoChem GmbH

  OntoChem GmbH