uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A shared object graph between various views/sofas
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 13:53:43 GMT
A View, basically, is just an index and a sofa. All FS are stored
in the common CAS "heaps".

The only mechanism for passing results from annotator-a to
annotator-b is by adding FS to an index. Annotators can
be view-unaware, in which case sofa-mapping is setup
to pass the correct View to the annotator. Or annotators can
be view-aware and they must have logic to know which views
to look for.

Given that views are application specific, an app can create
a "global" view to index stuff.

Eddie