uima-user mailing list archives

From Florian Leitner <fleit...@cnio.es>
Subject Re: problem with cvd on java7 on mac on 2nd display
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 10:31:51 GMT
Hi Matt,

Not sure if your issue is related to this bug, but Eclipse has a problem on OSX when running
on two displays *if the displays are stacked*. Specifically, this relates to problems with
pop-ups such as API help on mouse-overs. That is, if the second display is configured as being
above or below the main display, you get problems if working in Eclipse on the secondary display
(including some persons that have reported crashes of Eclipse in this "configuration").

These problems have been reported to go away once you align the two displays in your System
Settings side-by-side and exactly on the top edge (i.e., put the second display to the right
or left and have the top edges of the two displays at the same height). Maybe you want to
check if aligning the second display that way helps you. If it does, the problem is most likely
related to using a multi-monitor setup of Eclipse on OSX...

Cheers,
Florian

On 8 Aug 2012, at 14:43, Coarr, Matt wrote:

> I have a problem to report.  I'm running the CVD from eclipse (via run configuration).
 I'm using  a mac running Lion.  I have both jdk 6 and 7 installed.

> I'm using the CVD run configuration for the uima examples project.  When I have the project
using JDK 6, everything works normally.

> However, when I change the project configuration to use JDK 7, I run into problems.
Particularly when the CVD window is located on my secondary display.  The two issues that
I have noticed so far:

>  1.  I can click on the menus and the menu name is highlighted, but the menu does not
drop down (so I don't see the menu contents).
>  2.  When I go to "Load AE" dialog (via control-L), I am unable to click the drop down
control.  This prevents my from going to any directories above my home directory.  The control
is active, but it does not drop down.

> If I move the CVD window to my primary display, both these problems go away.
>
> Here's my specific java version information (I just installed the latest jdk a couple
days ago after rebuilding my machine):

--
Florian Leitner, PhD <fleitner.cnio@gmail.com>

Structural Biology and BioComputing Programme
Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO)

Address: C/ Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3; E-28029 Madrid
Phone: +34 91 732 8000
Fax: +34 91 224 6980
Internet: http://www.cnio.es