uima-user mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: PEAR Classpath issues
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 10:02:52 GMT
Hi Erik,

On 27/07/12 10:51, Erik Fäßler wrote:
> Hi Thilo!
>
> Thanks for your answer! Some comments and further questions below:
>
> Am 27.07.2012 um 08:24 schrieb Thilo Goetz:
>
>>> I did intentionally not include my libraries in the classpath here, because the
documentation says,
>>> "The buildComponentClasspath method of the PackageBrowser class builds a classpath
string from what it finds in the CLASSPATH specification here, plus adds a classpath entry
for all Jars in the lib directory. Because of this, there is no need to specify Class Path
entries for Jars in the lib directory."

>> If the documentation still says that, I think it's outdated.  I'm pretty
>> sure we changed this defaulty behavior at some point.
>
> *cough* It doesn't. I am very sorry - I must have confused documentation versions while
being in the full action of research for information. The new version just says, Eclipse classpath
entries would be included.

>>> And one fall-back-question: In case I would just add all my libraries manually
into the install.xml, would I still get the PEAR isolation?

>> I think the answer to that is "yes", but I'm not sure I really
>> understand your question.
>>

> My ultimate goal is to run two components in one pipeline where the two components use
incompatible versions of the same library. The ability to do so was called "PEAR isolation"
in older versions of the UIMA documentation.

yes, that should work just fine.

> I will try this out now, after I just got the classpath entries managed using the Maven
PEAR packaging plugin.