uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Adolphs <peter.adol...@dfki.de>
Subject exceptions and log levels
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:26:40 GMT
Hi!

I've written a CollectionReader implementation that can throw an Exception in
the getNext() method. I've only configured the java.util.logging root logger to
use a ConsoleHandler with Level.ALL. Without touching the log configuration of
the UIMA packages, any Exception thrown in the CollectionReader.getNext() is
just swallowed when running the CPE. Looking at the code (in particular the
ArtifactProducer.readNext() method which calls CollectionReader.getNext()), it
seems that I have to set the log level FINER at the UIMAFramework
("org.apache.uima") logger to see the exceptions. But then I also see all other
sorts of debug traces, e.g. begin and end of processing of an AE. Is this really
intended?

Thanks in advance!

Peter

--
Peter Adolphs
DFKI GmbH, Projektbüro Berlin, Alt-Moabit 91c, D-10559 Berlin

Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH
Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern

Geschaeftsführung:
Dr. Walter Olthoff

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes