uima-user mailing list archives

From Erik Fäßler <erik.faess...@uni-jena.de>
Subject Re: PEAR Classpath issues
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 08:51:48 GMT
Hi Thilo!

Thanks for your answer! Some comments and further questions below:

Am 27.07.2012 um 08:24 schrieb Thilo Goetz:

>> I did intentionally not include my libraries in the classpath here, because the documentation
says,
>> "The buildComponentClasspath method of the PackageBrowser class builds a classpath
string from what it finds in the CLASSPATH specification here, plus adds a classpath entry
for all Jars in the lib directory. Because of this, there is no need to specify Class Path
entries for Jars in the lib directory."

> If the documentation still says that, I think it's outdated.  I'm pretty
> sure we changed this defaulty behavior at some point.

*cough* It doesn't. I am very sorry - I must have confused documentation versions while being
in the full action of research for information. The new version just says, Eclipse classpath
entries would be included.

>> And one fall-back-question: In case I would just add all my libraries manually into
the install.xml, would I still get the PEAR isolation?

> I think the answer to that is "yes", but I'm not sure I really
> understand your question.

My ultimate goal is to run two components in one pipeline where the two components use incompatible
versions of the same library. The ability to do so was called "PEAR isolation" in older versions
of the UIMA documentation.

I will try this out now, after I just got the classpath entries managed using the Maven PEAR
packaging plugin.

Thx a lot for your help,

	Erik